For Immediate Release
June 14, 2012
Media Contact: For further information, please contact Undersheriff William K. Whorley at 517-437-7317.
Summer is heating up and so is a statewide drunk driving crackdown. Sheriff Burchardt and the Deputies of the Hillsdale County Sheriff's Office are joining law enforcement agencies across the state for a July Fourth Drunk Driving. Over the Limit. Under Arrest. crackdown.
Motorists will see increased federally funded patrols July 1-8 in Hillsdale County. Local law enforcement will take to the streets working to prevent drunk driving injuries and deaths by arresting impaired drivers.
During the 2011 July Fourth holiday period, eight people were killed in traffic crashes. Three of those deaths were alcohol-related.
"Driving drunk is simply not worth the risk", said Sheriff Stan Burchardt. "Law enforcement officers will be out on the road, and we will be watching. If we see you driving drunk, we will stop and arrest you. No Questions asked. No second chances."
In Michigan, a motorist can be arrested for drunk driving with .08 blood alcohol content or higher. A drunk driving conviction is costly and comes with assorted penalties including fines, legal fees, driver responsibility fees, court costs and higher insurance rates.
Motorists arrested for drunk driving with a .17 blood alcohol content face increased penalties including the possible installation of an ignition interlock device preventing the car from starting if the driver has been drinking.
In 2011, 319 people died in Michigan as a result of alcohol and/or drug-related traffic crashes, a 10.6 percent decrease from 2010.
- NR1-21-17.pdf [2017-01-21]
- MISSINGCHILDLOCATED.pdf [2017-01-20]
- NR01-20-17.pdf [2017-01-20]
- UPDATE-MISSINGCHILDLYON.pdf [2017-01-19]
- NR01-19-17.pdf [2017-01-19]
- MISSINGCHILDLYON.pdf [2017-01-18]
- NR01-18-17.pdf [2017-01-18]
- NR01-17-17.pdf [2017-01-17]
- NR01-16-17.pdf [2017-01-16]
- NR01-15-17.pdf [2017-01-14]
- NR01-14-17.pdf [2017-01-14]
- NR01-13-17.pdf [2017-01-12]
- NR01-12-17.pdf [2017-01-12]
- NR01-11-17.pdf [2017-01-11]
- NR01-10-17.pdf [2017-01-10]
- NR01-09-17.pdf [2017-01-08]
- NR01-08-17.pdf [2017-01-07]
- NR01-07-17.pdf [2017-01-06]
- NR01-06-17.pdf [2017-01-05]
- NR01-05-17.pdf [2017-01-05]
- NR01-04-17.pdf [2017-01-04]
- NR01-03-2017.pdf [2017-01-03]
- NR01-02-17.pdf [2017-01-02]
- NR01-01-17.pdf [2016-12-31]